Since I can't get out to the range until this Friday, I figured out a way I could simulate the workouts at the gym without the risk of going to jail. I weighed the guns I would be shooting if I was at the range and substituted the appropriate weights for them. Also, since Fit Shot isn't really meant to be a workout-workout, I added in cardio and merged two of the sample workouts together so that I would have an hour's worth of exercise. Here's what my modified workout looked like:
- 15 minutes on the elliptical machine, level 7
- 5 release push-ups; in a push-up position, go all the way to the ground, contract your back to lift your hands off the floor, then put your hands back on the floor to complete the push-up
- 15 one-handed dumb bell clean and presses (10#); the other hand is extended as though shooting one handed (2.5#); switch arms and repeat
- 20 full sit-ups; I did this with a 2.5# weight to simulate my handgun and since I shoot Weaver, it added a level of difficulty by requiring me to engage my obliques. I did 10 holding the weight like I was shooting right handed, and 10 as though I was shooting left handed.
- 20 squats, again with a 2.5# weight; on the down portion of the squat, I lowered my "gun" to low ready, on the up portion I brought it on target. 10 right handed; 10 left handed. Next time, I'll do the squats on the Bosu ball to increase the difficulty.
- 20 box jumps, with two 5# weights to simulate a long gun. While on the ground I had my "gun" in the low ready position, double leg jumped onto the box, then went through the motion of shouldering my gun. I did 10 for right handed shooting, and 10 for left handed.
- 20 minutes on the bike, level 5
- Repeat the weight exercises.
Looks great - one comment
Increase elliptical time to 30 bare min.
once your done being mad - you'll be amazed at what it does for your body
I usually do 30 - 60 minutes on the elliptical. I got bored *shrugs*.
My sister and I are repeating this workout tonight, but we'll probably change up the cardio - do some rowing instead and probably treadmill (which I despise).
Yeah it can get kinda boring - a smart phone playing a show or movie helps.
I liked to alternate between treadmill, stair stepper, elliptical, and rowing machine to change it up.
I'm making a conscious effort to change up my cardio every time I go to the gym. I rotate between the elliptical, treadmill, bike and rowing machine. I've even added in the stair machine (God, I hate that thing with a passion) at the end of every workout for just a few minutes. That damn stair machine kicks my ass every time and I spend three minutes cursing its very existance, but...it does burn calories faster than anything else I've found.
Post a Comment