...Well, no news.
Actually, I think it's fairly safe to say that if I haven't heard from Top Shot yet, I didn't make it through the application phase. The next step is the Final Casting that begins this weekend in LA. Pretty certain if I had been chosen, I would have heard already.
It's kind of bittersweet. I really do want to compete on Top Shot, but I also know that my application and video weren't up to par. Tara's got me convinced to apply again and not be so rushed - take some time with my application and video instead of just slapping it together.
I'm relieved because I feel like my life has been on hold - I couldn't make any summer plans because I didn't know what was in store. Honestly, I have great bosses who would not have had a problem with the time I would have needed to take off, but it's a lousy time for me to be gone. One of our medical instructors just got another job and is leaving next week; an adjunct instructor just informed us that she only wants to teach one class a mod and no directed studies; and the list goes on. It would have been doable for me to be gone next week, but it would have been tough.
Six weeks through August and September? Again, doable, but it would put an enormous strain on my co-workers and that's not fair.
The plan is to re-group, put together a dazzling application and submission video, and give it another go. I know I can go and compete well.